About Me

My photo
Since 1984, my light commentary, Marginal Considerations, has been a feature of Weekend Radio. Moving into the 21st century (yeah, I know - a decade late and more than a dollar short), it may be time to explore the format known as "the blog." (Still on the radio, BTW.) I am the author of A Natural History of Socks, illustrated by the late Eric May, You May Already Be a Winner (and other marginal considerations) and The Nonexistence of Rutabagas, plus maybe 1K features, essays, book and arts reviews in newspapers and magazines nearly everywhere, except perhaps Kansas. I live on Lake Erie one city to the west of Cleveland with too many musical instruments, several large plants and no cats. My front door is purple. I collect dust, take up space and burn fossil fuel. I kayak, knit, hike, sing, canoe, write choral music and play hammered dulcimer, but not all at the same time. I read too much and don't write enough, but what's new?

Thursday, April 28, 2011

more signage

From the east side of town, a friend reports an establishment advertising "wood burning pizzas." And I recall a restaurant in Rocky River with "No shoes. No shirt. No tank top. No service" emphatically posted at the door. I am sure that I was served there any number of times when I was not wearing a tank top . . . 'tis a puzzlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment